COLUMBUS, OHIO – With 44 sports and events, including 12 Olympic sports, the 2010 Arnold Sports Festival presents fitness and fun for all ages March 4-7. The festival has expanded into the world’s largest multi-sport fitness weekend since its 1989 beginning as The Arnold Classic as a one-day professional men’s bodybuilding competition.
About 170,000 sports fans are expected to see 18,000 athletes compete in a variety of more than 40 sports and events at five premier venues: the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Franklin County Veterans Memorial, LC Pavilion, Nationwide Arena and the Dispatch Ice Haus. At the popular three-day Arnold Fitness EXPO packed audiences enjoy 700 fitness-related booths and ongoing stage entertainment.
Many Arnold Sports Festival participants are youth competing in archery, boxing, cheerleading and dance, dancesport, fencing, figure skating, gymnastics, martial arts, skateboarding, table tennis, weightlifting and wrestling. Top student athletes compete for one of nine $2,000 college scholarships presented by the Columbus Rotary and the Arnold Sports Festival.
Olympic Sports: The Arnold Sports Festival is a proving ground for many aspiring athletes. Former Olympians and Olympic hopefuls will appear or compete in 12 Olympic Sports: archery, boxing, fencing, figure skating, gymnastics, judo, karate, running, table tennis, tae kwon do, weightlifting, and wrestling.
New in 2010:
* Arnold Figure Skating Exhibition is scheduled Saturday in the Dispatch Ice Haus
* Arnold Amateur Strongman will bring 50 of the world’s top amateurs to compete in a new event separate from the professionals in the Arnold Strongman Classic
* Art at the Arnold where artists compete in a drawing and painting competition
* Skateboarding competition
* Amateur MMA Festival
* Arnold Sports Photo Workshop
* Ohio Senior Olympics competitions added to the Active Living Festival
* CrossFit multisport event that promotes overall physical fitness
“A $10 daily EXPO ticket affords you a great entertainment value.” co-producer Jim Lorimer said. “There’s something for everyone … from world class athletes, sports fans and those seeking self improvement tips or just a fun time. You’ll find a dazzling array of sports and fitness options.”
Events included in the $10/day Arnold Fitness EXPO March 5-7 include:
Greater Columbus Convention Center
* Arnold Fitness EXPO (700 booths)
* Ms. International/Fitness International and Figure International (prejudging)
* Active Living Festival
* Art At The Arnold
* Arnold Amateur IFBB International Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Championships (finals)
* Arnold Amateur Strongman
* Arnold Armwrestling Challenge
* Arnold Cheerleading & Dance Team Championships
* Arnold Crossfit
* Arnold DanceSport Classic
* Arnold Fencing Classic
* Arnold Gymnastics Challenge
* Arnold Sports Photo Workshop
* Arnold Martial Arts Festival/Grappling
* Arnold 5K Pump and Run and Arnold 5K Run/Walk
* Arnold Strongman Classic (all except final)
* Arnold Table Tennis Challenge
* Arnold USA Boxing Invitational Championships
* USA Powerlifting Championships
* USA Weightlifting Championships
*Arnold Archery Competition
* Arnold Skateboarding Competition
* Arnold Wrestling Challenge
Dispatch Ice Haus
*Arnold Figure Skating Exhibition
*Some events above are not all three days, please see event schedule for further details.
The $350 VIP package includes reserved seating for the Men’s and Women’s Professional IFBB Final events, Men’s Prejudging, three EXPO tickets (one for each day), Ask Arnold Training Seminar, Amateur events, and Cirque-Us Party with the Pros. See below for further event details.
Separate tickets are required for the following events
Amateur Fitness, Figure and Bikini, Thursday Veterans Memorial $25.
Arnold Strength Training Summit Friday-Sunday Greater Columbus Convention Center $150-$450.
Amateur Bodybuilding prejudging Friday Veterans Memorial $25.
Ms. International, Fitness International and Figure International Finals Friday Veterans Memorial $50-75.
Amateur MMA Friday LC Pavilion $30-$60 (not included in VIP package)
22nd Annual Arnold Classic Prejudging $50-$75, Finals $50-$100 both Saturday at Veterans Memorial.
Cirque-Us Party With The Pros Saturday LC Pavilion $25.
Ask Arnold Fitness Training Seminar Sunday Veterans Memorial $50.
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster, www.ticketmaster.com/arnold or 800-745-3000 or at the doors of all five Festival venues.
Arnold Sports Festival National Sponsors
GNC, All American EFX, Amino Vital, Bodybuilding.com, Champion Nutrition, Gaspari Nutrition, German American Technologies, Jan Tana, MHP, MET-Rx, MuscleTech, Optimum Nutrition, Star Trac, Supro, Twinlab, Universal Nutrition and Vitamin Shoppe.
Arnold Fitness EXPO Sponsors
4 Sport Life, Bodybuilding.com, Bulk Nutrition, EP2, Everlast Nutrition, ISS, MRI, MRM, NxLabs, Prolab, Proto Whey, SAN and Triarco Industries.
Arnold Sports Festival Local Sponsors
3 Point, alive, American Airlines, Chase Bank, City Scene Magazine, The Columbus Dispatch, Donatos, Metro Fitness, Qfm96, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Nationwide, Raisin Rack, Ricart.com and Time Warner Cable.
For more information, visit www.arnoldsportsfestival.com
Arnold Sports Festival
Last modified: 2009-12-16 @ 12:00 am